Friday, December 27, 2013

Foodie Friday: Results of the 45 day Paleo Challenge: Week 6!

We're almost there!  Just a few more days before we can kick our inner caveman in the teeth and finally sit down to that cherry cheesecake.  The scores are below for perusal, but *spoiler alert* Trish is still showing us who's boss better than these people can:




So I thought I'd tell you how I'm feeling after 40+ days of sticking to a Paleo diet and working out like I get paid for it.

As of this morning I have lost a full 3 inches off of my midsection (love handles have been down graded to love handlets) and am down 10 pounds on the scale.  That's not shabby, but I'm even more excited about my physical abilities.  It is now customary for me to sit on my bike and pedal against 17 other psychos in a virtual race to the finish line, lasting an exquisite 2 hours.  I then do the same thing again the following day.  6 weeks ago, you would have had to take me off of that bike in multiple pieces.  When I do it tomorrow, I'll hop off and say something witty.

I'm also recovering like it's nothing.  I am averaging 12-14 hours per week of intense exercise and feel absolutely fine.  No soreness - no aches and pains - no whining…ok, maybe a little whining.  I am who I am.

Call it a lack of junk-food-induced inflammation, weight loss, physiological adaptation, dumb luck.  Whatever your label, I am a markedly better athlete 6 weeks into this challenge.  Forget the sexiness I am achieving (like we could???), imagine what changes I will see if I keep with these good habits.

I'm pretty certain I'll win Kona next year.  Who wants to sponsor me?  Book deal, maybe?  Let's talk.

Here are the overall scores:


819      Trish
810      Chad
786      Karn D
772      Colby
729      Nick
668      Lisa
647      Amy
632      Jen
631      Isadora
601      Christina
565      Trae
551      John D
488      Kerry 
138      Wendy

And here are the scores for the last 30 days of the challenge, winner getting tickets to Cinderella on Broadway:

513      Trish
498      Chad
497      Colby
488      Karn D
439      Nick
407      Lisa
393      Amy
389      Isadora
386      Christina
349      Trae
339      Jen
297      John D
275      Kerry 

No comments:

Post a Comment