Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Final Results of 45 day Paleo Challenge!



The scores and results are posted below, but if you've been reading these entries, there is not much of a cliffhanger here.  So instead of just blabbing the results, I thought it best to share a few recaps from some of the participants.

Just for reference, for the last 45 days we did our darndest to eliminate all grains, dairy, and legumes.  We also got extra credit points for exercise, stretching, taking fish oil, and sleeping.  Here were some of the comments for your reading pleasure, and New Years Resolution inspiration:

"frankly I feel like we cheated...especially when we made Paleo pizza one night. Ridiculously delicious! Didn't miss the cheese nor the traditional dough.  Though I haven't weighed myself, I'm seeing a physical change in the mirror. Not as doughy from day 1." -Nick


"This has been a great experience for me, and I thank Chad for setting up the challenge and all the rest of you for your inspiration and encouragement.  I, too, have more energy, sleep better, and am more aware of what eating healthfully means. Most importantly, I feel that the "Rules of the Challenge" became less like rules and morphed into tools for living well. Invaluable. Yeah, I did lose weight and my clothes fit better...but it's the combination of everything that has made me happier with myself." -Karn


"now that we know better, we are constantly reading the food labels, not only for us, but for our kids as well. Although the kids are not on a paleo diet, we try to make sure that they aren't eating high fructose corn syrup, added sugars and lots of other crap that is not needed in their diet.  We are both happy to have been doing this challenge. We have both bought into the idea that the Paleo diet is just better for you than what people typically eat. It was great doing it during the holidays because if we hadn't, there was never a lack of christmas cookies laying around for us to munch on." -Isabella


"The thing that has ended up the best for me out of this challenge is my outlook on food. Am I 100% paleo? No I am not. That being said, I am probably 75% better in my food choices than I was before.  On the physical side of things, I have lost 2 dress sizes and have received many comments on my slimming down. I just faced a Christmas weekend with my sisters and craved healthiness the whole time. Thank you Chad for encouraging us to take this adventure and thank you to everyone else for helping us each muddle through when we literally wanted to slap a small child for a cupcake!" -Jen

And how did our WINNER feel about the challenge?

"this might be the last night of the "challenge" but I have just begun my new healthy living. They say 21 times can form or break a habit. I feel I have formed a "habit" of healthy eating and exercise and want to continue. Every morning when I only have to take one blood pressure pill rather than two makes me happy. My goal is to stop taking them completely. I will continue to read labels, exercise and buy smaller clothes. I want to thank each and every one of you that were part of this challenge for all your encouragement, suggestions, ribbing and letting me be a part of your life for this wonderful 45 days.  Thank you all, especially my fantastic Coach Chad." -Trish (AKA: The Beast)

And here are the scores to report, but here's a hint: Trish (AKA: Beast Mom of this blog author) is the winner of 2 tickets to Cinderella on Broadway AND a $100 gift card to Whole Foods Market!  Boom, I say, BOOM!



And in second place for the overall challenge and winning a $50 gift card to Whole Foods Market is…me.  But that's boring, so I'm taking myself out of the running.  Therefore, congrats to Karn for ringing in an amazing 857 points in 45 days!  That's an average of just over 19 points (out of 20 max) per day.  Amazing work!

It was an honor share this challenge with such esteemed and brave friends.  Regardless of our scores and prizes, I truly feel that every person in this challenge got some degree of healthy living habits out of it and for that, I am supremely proud and thrilled.

Until our next challenge then, and for posterity sake, here are the final scores from a hard fought 45 days:

Overall Scores:

894      Trish
890      Chad
857      Karn D
829      Colby
800      Nick
736      Lisa
689      Amy
683      Isadora
642      Jen
640      Christina
611      Trae
601      John D
488      Kerry 
138      Wendy

The final 30 days:
588      Trish
578      Chad
559      Karn D
554      Colby
510      Nick
475      Lisa
441      Isadora
435      Amy
425      Christina
395      Trae
349      Jen
347      John D
275      Kerry 

No comments:

Post a Comment